It can be difficult exploring sexuality as a adult or senior citizen. While it may seem that most support services specializing in sexual orientation are directed toward youth, there are services and information available to indivduals older than 25.
If you are just beginning to explore your feelings, a good place to start is with us at OUTline. We provide a confidential and non-judgemental listening ear and are here to talk if you are feeling frustrated, confused, ditressed, isolated or just want someone to talk to. Our number is 519-836-4550 and we’re on the lines Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 6-9 pm.
If you’re looking for more specific information regarding aging and sexual orientation, there are a number of resources available online:
- The LGBT group of the American Society on Aging has an extensive list of resources, many of them electronic.
- Qlinks.ca, a Guelph-based resource, provides a resource directory that may be useful for connecting with adults in the community. Some listed groups include:
- Lesbian Women 50 Plus Social Club
- Rainbow Chorus
- Rainbow Women’s Soccer League.
- Gay Norfolk, a resource primarily for individuals in Norfolk County, Ontario also provides a number of non-county web resources for adults.