How do I ask a question?
Scroll to the bottom of this page where you will see an anonymous form. Fill it out and hit send.
I don’t see my question on the page… where did it go?
Your question gets sent to the OUTline volunteer team. Once they have read it over and created a response, they will post both on the Ask OUTline blog. When we’ve received your question, it will appear here until we create an answer.
What can I expect from responses?
Our volunteers will provide you with information and resources related to your question. Please note: We try not to give advice because we think the best way to help people is to give them information, make them aware of options, and let them choose their own course of action. We are not health care or social service professionals, so we can’t diagnose you either.
How long does it take to get a response?
It depends on the volume of questions we are handling and complexity of your question. It can take up to a week for your post to be responded to, but we will try our best to make it less than that. Please be patient, we want to make sure we are giving you the best and most accurate information.
What am I allowed to ask questions about?
Anything! Take a look at “The Categories” page here to see what kinds of questions we are anticipating. If you have a question that you aren’t sure fits, ask it anyway.
That being said, we do reserve the right to edit or ignore a question that:
- is abusive;
- promotes hate of any kind;
- uses excessively foul language;
- is blatantly spam.
I’m scared I won’t use the right terminology and might offend you…
Don’t worry! We understand that we all use different words in different ways. Plus, language changes over time. Submit your question and if we are worried about language, we’ll provide suggestions in the response. We’re all on a learning curve and using new terminology takes time.
I’m having trouble putting my question into words…
Here are some tips to help develop your question:
- Look over the site first to see if a similar question has already been asked. That way you won’t have to wait for a response.
- Browse previously posted questions to see what others have submitted.
- Stick to one question at a time. This will not only speed up our response but it will help us to put the information in the right place.
- Make sure your question is a question and not a comment or opinion piece. It is very hard to answer a statement…
- Be as honest as you feel comfortable with.
Submit a Question
Questions that are in the process of being answered are posted HERE. It may take up to a week to receive an answer, but we try to post answers as soon as possible!